- Poor nations suffer most deaths, economic pain from wild weather
- Indian child brides sold in ‘package deals’ to men from Gulf states
- Barcelona’s African street traders swap crime for craft
- Campaigners set sights on marital rape after India child bride ruling
- Bunch of old bananas or building materials of the future?
In India over 8,000 women are killed every year over dowry disputesBy Beh Lih Yi
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 13 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – Gender-based violence is emerging as one of the deadliest forms of violence in Asia and it has killed more women than armed conflicts in some parts of the region, an expert on conflict said on Friday, calling for more attention to the issue. Continue reading “More women killed in gender violence than armed conflicts in parts of Asia – expert”