Update: April, 01/2020 – 12:22 VNS
HÀ NỘI — According to a directive from the Prime Minister, social distancing will be applied nationwide for 15 days starting from April 1, in an attempt to contain the spread of coronavirus, and only factories, businesses and service establishments producing and providing essential goods and services are allowed to remain open.
Here are some businesses which can stay open:
- Supermarkets (except for those with entertainment services or on-site dining); trade centres (including supermarkets as above, hospitals); traditional markets (including stalls selling food, fruit and vegetables, dried food); convenience stores, mini supermarkets (except for those with on-site catering); grocery stores.
- Tourist accommodation; agricultural, food, medicine supply chains; healthcare services.
- Postal services; banking services, electronic payment companies; television and telecommunications services; security services.
- Petrol stations, funeral services, cemeteries, cremation; detoxification establishments, social protection establishments.
People are still required to wear masks and keep a distance of at least two metres when visiting these places and follow other instructions by the Ministry of Health on hygiene and disinfection.
Factories, production facilities, construction sites must be closed, except for some cases:
- Food production and processing of food, pharmaceuticals, medicines, medical supplies and equipment for epidemic prevention and national security and defence.
- Supplying electricity, water, environmental sanitation; livestock, poultry, aquaculture farms; factories supplying clean water, garment factories producing medical masks, factories producing bottled water and juice.
- In addition, factories and enterprises having to complete orders signed before April 15 will also be allowed to operate.
The above-mentioned cases of production and business activities must ensure strict observance of labour protection, wearing masks, keeping safe distance, and at the same time applying solutions to prevent epidemics at the grassroots level, and ensure workers’ health.
In particular, all these businesses need to request employees and workers who visited or had contact with those connected to Bach Mai Hospital between March 10 – 28 to be isolated and provide samples for testing. — VNS