Vietnam- America relation has remarked countless memorable events over the last 25 years. However, now looking back, there are a few moments are truly stood out that have strengthened the rapport between the two countries. These are honored as historical events.
1. 11/7/1995 US time zone, in the evening, BBC aired a special event, where the US president Bill Clinton announced the normalization of relation with Vietnam.
2. The following day July 12, Vietnam Prime Minister Vo Van Kiet announced the beginning of Vietnam – US relation.
3. 5/8/1995, in Hanoi, Warren Christopher – the US Secretary of State and Vietnamese Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Manh Cam signed the Protocol, officially founded the Vietnam – US relation.
4. 11/2000, President Bill Clinton visits Hanoi, remarked as the first official visit of a US president to Vietnam after the war. He also removes the Embargos upon Vietnam and normalizes the mutual relation. In the photo, the President was shaking hands with people from a balcony, right after his visit to Quoc Tu Giam Temple.
5. In 19/11/2003, USS Vandergriff is the first US Navi warship to visit Saigon Port since the Vietnam war. The ship was from the Liver Hazard Perry class.
6. 6/2005, Prime Minister Pham Van Khai had a meeting with President George W.Bush in Washington D.C. This went down as the first official visit of a Vietnamese PM since the end of the war.
7. On 31/5/2006, Mr. Luong Van Tu and Mr. Batia – the representative of the US – signed the bilateral agreement for the WTO. Vietnam has been an official member of the World Trade Organization since 11/1/2007
8. President George W.Bush played Vietnamese Monochord – a traditional Vietnamese musical instrument in a Gala dinner, hosted by President Nguyen Minh Triet. The event took part in The International Events Centre in Hanoi. This was a part of an official visit to Vietnam from 17 to 20/11/2006.
9. President George W.Bush during a meeting with President Nguyen Minh Triet in an official visit to the US from 18 to 23/6/2007
10. From 23 to 26/6/2008, PM Nguyen Tan Dung had an official visit to the US by President George W.Bush’s invitation. This is a historical event, elevated the relation between the two countries.
11. President Barack Obama in a meeting with The General Secretary of Vietnam Nguyen Phu Trong during an official visit to The US from 06-10/07/2015. This is a memorable moment when, for the first time ever, a General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam officially visited the US.
12. 22-24/05/2016: President Barack Obama visited the Vietnamese Government. On 23/05/2016, the President announced the complete removal of the weaponry embargo to Vietnam. President Obama was having “bun cha” with the famous chef Anthony Bourdain in Hanoi in the photo.
13. Vietnam was chosen as the destination for an important conference between the US and North Korea in February 2019. Even though none of the terms were successfully negotiated, but the event remarks on the role of Vietnam in the International ground, especially between the US and North Korea. President Donald Trump and President Kim Jong-un were having a meal together in a dinner, during the first day of the conference. The photo was taken on 27/02/2019
Japan – Vietnam relationship promotedTo Huy Rua, a Politburo member, Secretary of the Party Central Committee (PCC), Head of the PCC Commission on Organization, and President of the Vietnam …
I am an attorney in the Washington DC area, with a Doctor of Law in the US, attended the master program at the National School of Administration of Việt Nam, and graduated from Sài Gòn University Law School. I aso studied philosophy at the School of Letters in Sài Gòn.
I have worked as an anti-trust attorney for Federal Trade Commission and a litigator for a fortune-100 telecom company in Washington DC. I have taught law courses for legal professionals in Việt Nam and still counsel VN government agencies on legal matters. I have founded and managed businesses for me and my family, both law and non-law.
I have published many articles on national newspapers and radio stations in Việt Nam.
In 1989 I was one of the founding members of US-VN Trade Council, working to re-establish US-VN relationship.
Since the early 90's, I have established and managed VNFORUM and VNBIZ forum on VN-related matters; these forums are the subject of a PhD thesis by Dr. Caroline Valverde at UC-Berkeley and her book Transnationalizing Viet Nam.
I translate poetry and my translation of "A Request at Đồng Lộc Cemetery" is now engraved on a stone memorial at Đồng Lộc National Shrine in VN.
I study and teach the Bible and Buddhism. In 2009 I founded and still manage dotchuoinon.com on positive thinking and two other blogs on Buddhism. In 2015 a group of friends and I founded website CVD - Conversations on Vietnam Development (cvdvn.net).
I study the art of leadership with many friends who are religious, business and government leaders from many countries.
In October 2011 Phu Nu Publishing House in Hanoi published my book "Positive Thinking to Change Your Life", in Vietnamese (TƯ DUY TÍCH CỰC Thay Đổi Cuộc Sống).
In December 2013 Phu Nu Publishing House published my book "10 Core Values for Success".
I practice Jiu Jitsu and Tai Chi for health, and play guitar as a hobby, usually accompanying my wife Trần Lê Túy Phượng, aka singer Linh Phượng.
Xem tất cả bài viết bằng Trần Đình Hoành