Al Jazeera
Philippine officer admits to killing 300 people, about 200 as a member of a ‘Davao death squad’.retired Philippine police officer has linked President Rodrigo Duterte – during his time as a mayor of Davao – and his men to nearly 200 killings that the officer and other members of a “death squad” allegedly carried out.
Arturo Lascanas made the allegations at the start of a nationally televised Senate inquiry on Monday after he admitted to lying in October during another Senate inquiry into alleged extrajudicial killings linked to Duterte.
Lascanas said that he had personally killed 300 people, about 200 as a member of a “Davao death squad”, with his last in 2015. He also detailed two cases where he had murdered critics of Duterte, under the instruction of the then-mayor’s bodyguard. Tiếp tục đọc “Retired officer links Duterte to almost 200 killings”
The army said it had received information reports that the hostage had been executed [EPA]
![Thousands march against Duterte's war on drugs Luis Antonio Tagle, Catholic leader of Manila, said violence cannot be the answer to the country's drug problem [Reuters]](https://i0.wp.com/www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2017/2/18/21f984638c264cd08adc9dad91a201c7_18.jpg)




